Schaumburg Criminal Defense Practice Areas
Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation.
At the Law Offices of Thomas Glasgow, Ltd., we provide skilled representation in the following matters:
Have you been arrested for a DUI ? At the Law Offices of Thomas Glasgow, Ltd., in Schaumburg, Illinois, our lawyers have helped thousands of people meet the challenges of a DUI arrest, including people with commercial driving licenses. Whether you have been caught driving while intoxicated or driving with drugs in your system, we can help you prevent the suspension or revocation of your driver's license and other DUI penalties, as well as the potential loss of your job and assist in avoiding the shame among family and friends of a DUI conviction.
- DUI Statutory License Suspension: If you are arrested for driving under the influence in Illinois, you will most likely face a civil licensure case, which may result in the suspension of your driver's license. At the Law Offices of Thomas Glasgow, Ltd., we have repeatedly been successful at getting these suspensions lifted for all types of clients.
- Aggravated/Felony DUI: In a felony DUI case, you need an experienced lawyer who knows the DUI laws. Thomas Glasgow is the author of "Aggravated DUI" written for the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education. He has taught this material statewide to educate judges, prosecutors and other defense attorneys as to the difficulties of this complex area of law.
- Driver's License Reinstatement: If your Illinois driver's license has been suspended or revoked for DUI, or for some other reason, you will need to petition the Secretary of State for a formal or informal license reinstatement hearing. At the Law Offices of Thomas Glasgow, Ltd., in Schaumburg, Illinois, we can guide you through this process to ensure that your case for reinstatement of your driver's license is properly presented.
A conviction for drug possession can affect all areas of your life, from employment opportunities to student loan applications. Our firm handles drug crimes involving the possession of all types of drugs, including marijuana, methamphetamines, ecstasy and fraudulent prescriptions. We are particularly adept at handling cocaine and heroin cases.You can be charged with drug trafficking based on having a relatively small amount of drugs in your possession. In fact, you could be charged with conspiracy to commit drug trafficking — a charge that carries similar penalties — without having any drugs in your possession at all. At the Law Offices of Thomas Glasgow, Ltd., we will aggressively defend you against these charges.
We defend clients throughout Chicagoland who have been charged with various theft crimes:
- Retail theft
- Residential burglary/home invasion
- Armed robbery
- Unlawful use of a firearm
Illinois has a zero tolerance policy on domestic battery. Simply shoving another person whom you have dated, live with or have been related to can result in jail or prison time. Our firm will provide the aggressive defense you need to prevent serious criminal penalties, protect your job and salvage your reputation.
If you have been accused of domestic violence, an immediate petition for an order of protection can be filed. protection. This can be either a civil or criminal order of protection. There are steps that can be taken early in the case to minimize the effects on your life and family. Our firm can help defend you.
Attorney Thomas Glasgow is certified as a first chair death penalty trial counsel by the Illinois Capital Litigation Trial Bar, while attorney William Beattie is a certified second chair trial counsel. Our lawyers have handled all types of murder charges.
At the Law Offices of Thomas Glasgow, Ltd., in Schaumburg, Illinois, we represent people throughout the Chicagoland area who are going through the process of divorce. We provide guidance in matters including:
- Property division
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
- Spousal support
Contact our Schaumburg law office to schedule a free initial consultation. Se habla español. Please call (847) 577-8700.